JOBS AT ALCHEMY
We have one position available!
FULL TIME BENCH JEWELLER/STONE SETTER WANTED
At Alchemy Adornment, we are a jewellery studio creating quality, handmade gold jewellery for the body piercing industry. We pride ourselves on our craftsmanship, eye-catching designs, and unique quality of every piece passing through our hands to our retailers. As a wholesale only jewellery company, we can focus entirely on our craft and manufacturing processes with no interruptions from a retail setting or the general public. Our entire jewellery line is expertly crafted in house on beautiful Vancouver Island, BC.
As a queer, female-owned business, we are value-centered and thrive with a respectful workplace for all persons to be their full selves; inclusive of pronouns and gender expressions, race and ethnicity, sexuality, ability, religion, and more. These values are expected of any applicant who is interested in joining our team.
We are seeking a skilled jeweller to join our team who is also passionate about creating timeless, yet modern, high quality jewellery, is committed to continuing their training and skill building in our niche market, and committed to quality in design, materials, finished product and themselves. This position may require flexibility to move around departments as needed, depending on work flow requirements.
At Alchemy, we are a hard working, focused group of individuals that come from all different backgrounds, both professionally and personally. Our studio is employed with dedicated, passionate people, who are able to work effectively as a team or be self-motivated in independent work, while maintaining excellent communication to support each other. While we each have our own skill sets and departments, as a team, we strive to be patient and respectful with each other, and aspire for perfection in all we produce. Our ideal candidate upholds these same values, drive, dedication and passion for what we do, and who we work with.
Jewellery experience/skills required
- Stone setting
– 1-6mm stones both cabochon and gem cut; synthetic, semi-precious and precious
– 3 years experience
- Jewellery/ Metalsmithing working experience
– 3 years experience
- Hand tool knowledge
- CAD Design
- Training / Teaching bench skills
- Laser welding
- Inventory and stocking
- Quality control
- Experience with body jewellery production
Alchemy Adornment Benefits
- Wage starts between $19 – $22 depending on experience, and will be reviewed following a 90 day probationary period
- Healthcare Benefits following 90 days of hire. A great medical, dental and optical benefits program
- 10 paid sick days
- Professional Development/ Workshops
- Use of our studio for personal work (upon completion of probationary period and with management approval)
- A great employee discount
- Freedom of self-expression! Our dress code is very lenient – clothing should be work safe, however we encourage individuality in piercings, tattoos, clothing choices, etc (violent/inappropriate clothing/images/beliefs are excluded and not welcome)
Other nice stuff!
- Charitable Donations: We decide together which organizations to support. Working with nonprofits that help support various causes we care about.
- A fun, casual work environment
- Flexible work hours (pending probationary period and management approval)
- Our team is amazing and we all love working together
If you are interested in joining our team please email us! Contact Chelsea or Kasi at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself.