Covid 19 Safety Measures
Here at Alchemy Adornment we take health and safety very seriously. We have decided to share our Covid-19 safety measures with you to increase transparency and help you feel secure in your purchases.
- Those that are not employed by Alchemy Adornment are not allowed inside our studio without express permission to reduce contact with the general public.
- Shipping is done in a contactless method.
Cleaning, Hygiene and Physical Distancing
- All staff are to wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- All staff are encouraged to wear a mask while moving about the studio, and when unable to keep physical distance between other employees.
- Plexiglass separators installed throughout the studio.
- Regular hand washing including before and after breaks, and for use of shared tools.
- All common surfaces are sanitized regularly.
- All shared tools are sanitized before and after use.
Our standard procedure for packing jewelry includes the use of disposable gloves after removal from the ultrasonic – all pieces are clean but not sterile. Please follow your own sterilization procedures before use.
- All staff are required to self-assess before each shift for any symptoms. Anyone displaying symptoms are required to stay home, and self-isolate if directed to do so from Island Health.
- Any employees who begin to feel ill while at work must notify management/studio owner immediately, go home, and contact Island Health for testing or self-isolation.
- Staff must continue to monitor and self assess their situation- if they test positive for Covid-19, they must follow the protocol laid out by Island Health for isolation and contact tracing.
This plan/policy is subject to change as we assess and under direction from our local health authorities on best practices.