Here at Alchemy Adornment we take health and safety very seriously. We have decided to share our COVID-19 safety measures with you to increase transparency and help you feel secure in your purchases.
Our standard procedure for packing jewelry includes the use of disposable gloves after removal from the ultrasonic - all pieces are clean but not sterile. Please follow your own sterilization procedures before use.
- Those that are not employed by Alchemy Adornment are not allowed inside our studio without express permission to reduce contact with the general public.
- Shipping is done in a contactless method.
Cleaning, Hygiene, and Physical Distancing:
- All staff to wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- All staff are required to wear a mask while moving about the studio, and when unable to keep physical distance between other employees.
- Plexiglass separators installed throughout the studio.
- Regular hand washing before and after breaks, and for use of shared tools.
- All common surfaces are sanitized twice daily.
- All shared tools sanitized before and after use.
- All staff are required to self-assess before each shift for any symptoms. Anyone displaying symptoms are required to stay home, and self-isolate if directed to do so from Island Health.
- Any employees who begin to feel ill while at work must notify management/studio owner immediately, leave through the back door, and immediately go home and contact Island Health for testing or self-isolation.
- Staff must continue to monitor and self assess their situation- if they test positive for Covid-19, they must follow the protocol laid out by Island Health for isolation and contact tracing.
This plan/policy is subject to change while we continuously monitor and update based on the recommendations of health authorities.